- i am staggered by all the things i am not.
- first impressions are more fragile than people usually think.
- a ringing phone can be a gift from god or a harbinger of doom.
- i could really go for some café au lait right now.
- procrastination truly is the thief of time. which means that, at the moment, cleaning the dust out of my laptop keyboard with a safety pin and a pair of tweezers is the thief of time. i disgust myself sometimes.
- world leaders, when they’re feeling rebellious, ought to engage in some low-key retail therapy. or buy a present for a friend. some shoes. a new jacket. the world would be a calmer, more elegant place. and the global economy would be in better shape.
- i hate unpacking. i don’t put away my bags until the suitcases lying on my floor retching up clothes are empty because all the clothes are in the laundry.
- sliced fresh strawberries with a little sugar and milk are like crack to me on these sunny warm days when we’re sort of slowly, hesitantly lurching toward springtime.
- the thought of wet pant cuffs gives me shivers.
- i love writing and receiving cards with long, thoughtful messages: birthday cards. christmas cards. thank-you notes. anything pretty that comes in a matching envelope, that doesn’t come with a silly, pre-printed hallmark message. (if it has a pre-printed message, better be snarky. just sayin’.)
04.01.09 by clandestinephemera